WHAT IS JU MAX?
- Weekly Webinars
- Entertaining Host
- Meaningful Jewish Content
JU MAX is an interactive, engaging, and totally online Jewish experience. Log in. Interact with your host and fellow students in real-time, and explore great practical ideas, that will add awesomeness to your life. Topics include: the nature of free-will, the intersection of faith and science, the Jewish secrets of love and dating, and how to infuse your life with meaning and purpose.
Participate in the session, fulfill the program requirements, and go to Israel for free or for a little as $200.
WHO IS THE HOST?
Rabbi Tzvi Glukin. One super-entertaining and creative guy.
Tzvi is a musician, author, and popular teacher. He served in the Israeli army, holds B.M in Jazz Studies from the New England Conservatory, received his rabbinical ordination in Jerusalem, and is the director Vechulai, an innovative Jewish think tank in Boston.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING?
Pennsylvania State University
"JU MAX is unlike any Jewish learning program I have ever taken part in. It was informative, and eye-opening in a very fun, laid back environment."
University of California Santa Cruz
JU MAX was an engaging and entertaining lecture series that I would strongly recommend, if not for Tzvi's musical antics alone. Loved it!
Michigan State University
A class filled with relevant topics, huge takeaways, and an incredible teacher!
“Tzvi is an amazing teacher. He was able to relate even the most abstract topics to situations and ideas that are relevant to today's college student.”
Pennsylvania State University
“JU Max was a life-changing experience. Although it was only a semester long, I definitely gained a lifetimes worth of knowledge.”
- JU MAX is open to Jewish students, recent grads, and young professionals, aged 18-26.
- JU Max is 10, 2-hour sessions. Each session is live and interactive (no canned video or talking heads). Classes are Monday night from 9 - 11 PM Eastern, February 3 - April 7, 2014. Click on the Schedule & Syllabus button below to see the full schedule.
- Once you successfully complete this course you will receive a voucher that is good for either a free trip to Israel or a travel subsidy for an Israel trip that will cost as little as $200 (and you choose which option you prefer).
- There is an additional $100 deposit for all trips that will be refunded to you if you fulfill certain requirements upon your return home.
- Participants answer a few questions and submit a short journal entry after each session and will be required to meet with the program's host for an online one-on-one meeting during the semester. If a live event is scheduled in your area, you will be required to attend.
The semester is now closed. Enter your email to be informed when the next semester starts.
Need help? Got questions? Email: Adina@JerusalemU.org
Earning back the $100 deposit
Earning back the $100 deposit is easy and can be done in one of two ways:
Earning back the $100 fee is easy:
Participate in a live study program on your campus that can include either:
- 6 study sessions with an approved instructor
- the completion of an approved study program (if such a program is available on your campus)
- A live study program offered on your campus taught by a traveling team of JU instructors